Monday, April 21, 2008

Thoughtful, kindred spirits...

I continue to be amazed by Twitter. It's become as revelatory as an autumn stroll through the woods, every footfall scattering leaves and disturbing the earth, resulting in new-found sights and uncovered treasures.

I'm most astounded at the way Twitter leads me to new resources, new focal points, new loci of inspiration. In these past few days, I've found @melmcbride and @ehrenc. They feed Twitter in the manner most useful for me - occasional remarks or updates which are then elaborated upon in their blogs.

@melmcbride's blog "melanie mcbride online" gets to the good stuff quickly. She hooked me with her post "[steal] My Social Media Policy". I'm not sure that I agree with all of her points here, but she's forthright in stating that this is *her* policy, and may not be everyone's cuppa. I think it's a perfect starting place for anyone new to social media to avoid that helpless "too much information" feeling.

@ehrenc makes a similar case for a personal approach to social media with the post "The Meaning of Life On Twitter". The voice is lighter and a bit more personal, but the essence of the "Meaning of Life" rings true. The blog One Little Cog ranges far and wide - the latest post dealing with sociological considerations in subway car seating choices.

Melanie McBride and Ehren Cheung - keep overturning those rocks and kicking through those leaves - and then posting the results. I appreciate the little nuggets of info and personal viewpoint that you spread.

1 comment:

Ehren Cheung said...

Thanks for the mention toster! Both Melanie and myself are pretty avid bloggers but Melanie's blog is definitely a great resource for people who want the whys and the hows on web 2.0 and her focus on education is big bonus.

You are right on with regards to my blog -- I don't focus on the whys and hows -- rather I like to focus on analyzing what is out there and looking at ideas that can change how we think, live, operate or do business -- and so my blog can end up seeming pretty scattered or a little off beat :)

Not sure if you've tried this yet but since you mentioned tag cloud in your previous post, you might want to try out tweetclouds for your twitter account.

http://www.tweetclouds.com/

Cheers!
~ Ehren